This privacy notice discloses the data privacy practices of Fetola (www.fetola.co.za) in accordance with privacy regulations and Protection of Personal Information. It will help you understand what personal data we collect, how we use it, and what control you have over it. This notice applies solely to data collected by the www.fetola.co.za website. This notice defines the following:
What personal data is collected from the website.
1. How personal data is collected, used, shared, stored, and otherwise processed.
2. The security procedures implemented to protect your data.
3. Your choices and rights regarding the use of your data.
4. How you can contact us for issues such as to correct inaccuracies of your data or to request the removal of your personal data.
5. Please read the following privacy notice to understand the processing, collection, sharing, protection, and your rights associated with your personal data.
Who we are
We’re a diverse and passionate team made up of experienced growth experts, mentors, project managers, digital leaders, entrepreneurs and more. It is our mission is to contribute to the transformation of South Africa by helping others to grow the economy and create jobs, by building businesses that last. The collection and use of certain data sets enables us to do the work that we do.
For the purposes of this notice, we act as the “data controller.” This Data controller function determines how your personal data is used and processed.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure the safety of your data and assist with questions, requests, and complaints in regards to this privacy notice and to manage the collection and processing of your personal data. For details on how to contact us, see the Contact Information section at the end of this notice.
Data we collect
Fetola have access to the data that you voluntarily provide via email, telephone, forms, chat functions, user registration, newsletter sign-up, surveys, and the like.
Through these means, we collect the following types of data:
Date of birth
How we use your data
This data, including our own data may be used as follows:
– Customization of content and user experience.
– To identify you when you use the website www.fetola.co.za., or engage with Fetola
– For your own account set up and administration.
– When conducting surveys addressed to you
– For Internal research and development, and data-insights to better serve clients
– Fulfillment of obligations (including legal obligations) outlined in any agreements with users.
– Gathering your feedback and opinions on our provided services.
– Notification of changes to our services.
– Respond to your requests and comments
– And for communicating any changes, improvements and adjustments to this policy
Legal Basis of Processing
We process personal data for purposes of our own legitimate interests, granted that those interests do not override any of our users own interests, rights, and freedoms. This legitimate interest including processing for marketing, research, and business development purposes.
We also process personal data for other purposes with consent, but you have the right to withdraw consent to processing for specific purposes, as outlined below.
Specific data use
To fully access the website, you, as a user, can voluntarily subscribe to our mailing lists by completing a sign up form. Certain data is collected during this process, including your name and email address. This data is used to contact you, suggest appropriate products and services, and improve your user experience.
Personal data may be used without individual knowledge or consent in situations when legally required or permitted, or when data is no longer associated with the user. This means we have removed personally identifying information so the data we’re left with cannot be tied back to you as an individual.
When would we share your data?
1. When it is a specific legal requirement to do so by regulators
2. When it is needed to provide you with services
3. When it is needed to connect you with a third party or other member in Fetola’s support network (eg funders, partners, professional advisors)
4. When a Fetola service provider (Web hosting, IT and cloud services, advisory services) needs this information to fulfill their services. Nb. These parties may not retain, share, or use personal data beyond the defined purpose of fulfilling the service.
Unless specifically permitted by you in writing, we share only aggregated demographic data with our funders and partners. This aggregated data is not linked to the identity of any individual user.
Where we process your data
Our servers are located in South Africa. If you are visiting www.fetola.co.za from outside South Africa, be aware you are sending personal information to our servers located in South Africa.
Under certain circumstances, your personal data may be transferred to other countries for various purposes outlined below:
– The transfer of personal information is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded to your benefit
– Where Fetola’s makes use of cloud storage hosted outside of South African borders
We have implemented all reasonable security measures and controls to manage cross-border data transfers to ensure data remains appropriately protected.
How long we store your data
We retain personal data for the duration necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Personal data may also be retained for longer periods if it is solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes. When defining the appropriate retention length, we adhere to relevant legal requirements.
As the responsible party in possession of your personal information, we have taken appropriate, reasonable technical and organizational measures to prevent;
– Loss of, damage to or unauthorized destruction of your personal information.
– Unlawful access to or processing of your personal information.
Your rights regarding your personal data
We capture, store and use your personal data in order to be able to improve our services to you. To do this we aim to maintain data that is accurate and up-to-date. Should your personal data change (e.g. moving addresses), please notify us of any changes or update your data.
You have the legal right to the following:
Request all data we have collected about you, if any.
– Request correction to the personal data we have collected about you.
– Request we delete or remove personal data when there is no legitimate need for us to continue processing it.
– Object to the processing of personal data.
– Request transfer of your personal data.
– Opt out of contact with us at any time.
– Express any concern about any data we have collected about you.
To exercise these rights, please contact us via the email, mail, or phone information provided below in the “Contact Information” section.
On our website, you may encounter links to other websites. Be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage all users to read the privacy notices of any other sites that collect your personal data.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 30 June 2021.
Any changes to this privacy notice can be found on our website at https://fetola.co.za/privacy-policy/
Old friends and new collaborators
By partnering with innovative companies and organisations that share our vision we’ve been able to multiply our impact.